The Instituto Universitario de Automática e Informática Industrial (ai2 Institute) at Universitat Politècnica de València, Valencia, Spain, is looking for a PhD candidate in the framework of a Santiago Grisolia grant from the Regional Valencian Government (GVA) to conduct a 3-year PhD thesis in the field of the artificial pancreas, or closed-loop glucose control in type 1 diabetes.
The PhD candidate will integrate into Prof. Bondia’s group, which stands as one of the worldwide internationally recognized leading research groups in diabetes technology and the artificial pancreas. He is the coordinator of the Spanish Consortium on Artificial Pancreas and Diabetes Technology, which comprises several engineering and clinical groups in Spain. This Consortium is
a member of the Excellence Diabetes Research Center CIBERDEM in Spain.
We are looking for highly talented and motivated candidates from all around the world with a profile in signal processing, data mining and control engineering.
The candidate must fulfill all the following requisites:
- Degree (Bachelor or MSc, or equivalent) related to the above fields from a non-Spanish institution obtained after January 1st, 2014.
- To be qualified to access PhD studies:
- Students holding a degree from a University in the European Higher Education Area: minimum of 300 ECTS, of which, 60 ECTS must be of Master degree.
- Students holding a degree from a University outside the European Higher Education Area: a document from the candidates university of origin must be provided stating that the degree enables to access PhD studies.
- Spanish or English language at conversational level adequate to conduct his/her research.
- Not to hold a PhD degree.
- Not to have been previously awarded with a Santiago Grisolia grant from Generalitat Valenciana, Spain.
- Gross annual salary: 16.800€
- Complement of 1.600€ for travel and installation expenses in Valencia.
- Temptative incorporation date: July 1st, 2018 or October 1st, 2018, depending on the
candidates visa requirements.
If you are interested or need more information, please contact Prof. Jorge Bondia as soon as possible, mailto:email@example.com. Deadlines of the selection process will be notified to those expressing their interest in due time as soon as published by Universitat Politècnica de València.